Physical Science Explorations, Taught by Robert Chuckrow, Ph.D.
Contents: Syllabus, Course Outcomes, Course Hand-Outs, Powerpoint Presentations, Homework Assignments, and Test Dates.
Note: Please click here for instructions on how to do the Faculty Evaluation.
Office Hours by Appointment (Valhalla Office Location: Sci., Rm. 354)
email Robert Chuckrow
Course Text: Hewitt, Suchocki, and Hewitt, Conceptual Physical Science Explorations, Addison Wesley, NY, 2nd Edition, ISBN 0-321-56791-9.
• Course Syllabus (Tentative) with Homework Assignments (Updated on 2/8/14)
• Calendar with Test Dates (Updated on 2/8/14)
• Course Outcomes
• Hand-Outs (pdf Format)
• How To Study Physics
• Philosophy of Science
• Work, Kinetic Energy, and Potential Energy
• Atomic Structure
• Modes of a Vibrating String
• Sound Terms
• The Solar System
• Mirror Ray Diagrams
• PowerPoint Presentations
• Scientific Method
• Use of Science in Advertising
• Science of Motion
• Energy and its Conservation
• The Atom and its Structure
• Vibrations and Waves
• Continental Drift
• Plate Tectonics
• Reflection from Plane and Convex Mirrors
• Global Warming Basics
• Global Warming Effects
• Problem Sets
• Questions on Scientific Method H.W.
• Pseudoscience Worksheet
• Newton’s Laws H.W. Sheet
• Gravitation Questions with Answers
• Energy Questions
• Additional Energy Questions with Answers
• Gravitation, Energy, Atomic Structure Study Sheet
• Mirror Ray In-Class Exercise
• Highlights Sheets (Test Study Sheets) Some are from the prior semester. Each will be updated at least one week before its corresponding test.
• Highlights Sheet for Test 1 on 2/24/14.
• Highlights Sheet for Test 2 on 3/24/14.
• Highlights Sheet for Test 3 on 4/21/14.
• Course Highlights for Final Exam on 5/12/14.
• Test Dates and Topics (Updated on 2/8/14)
• Tutoring in PSCE at Valhalla Campus (pdf format)
• WCC Valhalla Campus Map and Key (pdf format)
This web site was designed by Robert Chuckrow and updated on June 13, 2014.
©2012 by Robert Chuckrow. All rights are reserved.